Government advice has changed to allow gatherings of up to 6 people whilst adhering to social distance rules, from Monday 1st June.
We have been taking bookings for this week based on 2 ball only so that will remain the format until next weekend.
The overall feedback in the golf business and the customer feedback at Chiddingfold is that the 2 ball format has been a great success by speeding up play and therefore enjoyment of the game, so we don’t want to make too many changes that upset this situation.
So our current plan for a trial period from 6th June is to allow 2 and 3 balls, and then from 8th June, 4 balls will be permitted after 2pm only.
2 / 3 balls till 2pm from 6th June
4 balls allowed from 2pm from 8th June
- All bunkers are still GUR – Meaning you can drop the ball behind the bunker for no penalty. However from this week we will be replenishing the bunkers with fresh sand so please feel free to play out if preferred, whilst smoothing out any footprints with your club….like the good old days!
- Please do not touch the flagsticks
- For the time being, buggies are restricted to players with a medical need, only one player per buggy, and we are sanitising them on a daily basis
- We unfortunately are no longer allowed to sell beer anywhere until the social distancing restrictions have been lifted. However we will be prepared to launch our new Terrace Bar and Barbeque when the time comes.
- Last but not least, the sun is shining and the greens are the best around…so come and have a game!
Look forward to seeing you soon!